PA ACCUSSES ISRAEL OF SPREADING AVIAN FLU
Tehran, Jan 17 - The Palestinian Authority accused the Zionist regime of attempts to transfer the deadly bird flu virus to the Palestinian-settled areas by burying infected birds there.
PA's Environment Preservation Minister, Yusof Abu Safiyah, revealed to a press conference in Gaza Monday that the regime has buried 85 thousand of infected birds on January 9 in Beit Forik region, close to Nablus.
'Samples of the birds are tested and we wait for the result,' he said. 'The Palestinian Authority is on alert, especially noting that the disease has crept into Turkey,' he added.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton