SAUDI JUDGE: AN EYE FOR AN EYE
A Shariah court in Saudi Arabia has ruled that one eye of a 30-year-old Indian salesman, from Kerala, be gouged out and donated to a Saudi national.
The ruling came after Puthan Veettil Naushad, who worked as an assistant in a shop attached to a petrol station near Dammam, allegedly hit Naif Muthef, a local resident, during an altercation two years ago. Saudi police said that in the scuffle, Naif lost his right eye.
Read Tavleen Singh on The Clash of Cultures.
comments powered by Disqus
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- Kennewick Man Will Return Home to Native American Tribes
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Liz Covart amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95
- Glenda Gilmore chides Yale for deciding to keep the name of Calhoun
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service