SAUDI JUDGE: AN EYE FOR AN EYE
A Shariah court in Saudi Arabia has ruled that one eye of a 30-year-old Indian salesman, from Kerala, be gouged out and donated to a Saudi national.
The ruling came after Puthan Veettil Naushad, who worked as an assistant in a shop attached to a petrol station near Dammam, allegedly hit Naif Muthef, a local resident, during an altercation two years ago. Saudi police said that in the scuffle, Naif lost his right eye.
Read Tavleen Singh on The Clash of Cultures.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"