LISTENING TO DE VILLEPIN DOES NOT SAVE TURKEY
It was only after a visit to Europe put into question the French-German promise to treat Turkey like a Christian state and let it join the EU that the Turkish government decided to mend its fences with the US with a conditional offer to sent Turkish troops to help in Iraq. Of course, sending Turkish troops to Iraq was as culturally sensitive as sending German troops to Bosnia. But, then, no one asked the Serbian population of Bosnia. In any case, Bosnia has long since emerged as the European base for Al Qaeda. Iraqis were asked and to Turkish relief said no. In other words, Turkey is not attacked because it cooperated with the US. Like Saudi Arabia, it was attacked despite the fact that it has NOT cooperated. But, if the truth is recognized it will be Bush and Blair who will be vindicated and not the protesters and that is too bitter a pill for the Bush hating media to swallow. My heartfelt condolences to the victims and their families. NO, they did not deserve this.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"