LISTENING TO DE VILLEPIN DOES NOT SAVE TURKEY
It was only after a visit to Europe put into question the French-German promise to treat Turkey like a Christian state and let it join the EU that the Turkish government decided to mend its fences with the US with a conditional offer to sent Turkish troops to help in Iraq. Of course, sending Turkish troops to Iraq was as culturally sensitive as sending German troops to Bosnia. But, then, no one asked the Serbian population of Bosnia. In any case, Bosnia has long since emerged as the European base for Al Qaeda. Iraqis were asked and to Turkish relief said no. In other words, Turkey is not attacked because it cooperated with the US. Like Saudi Arabia, it was attacked despite the fact that it has NOT cooperated. But, if the truth is recognized it will be Bush and Blair who will be vindicated and not the protesters and that is too bitter a pill for the Bush hating media to swallow. My heartfelt condolences to the victims and their families. NO, they did not deserve this.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian