LISTENING TO DE VILLEPIN DOES NOT SAVE TURKEY
It was only after a visit to Europe put into question the French-German promise to treat Turkey like a Christian state and let it join the EU that the Turkish government decided to mend its fences with the US with a conditional offer to sent Turkish troops to help in Iraq. Of course, sending Turkish troops to Iraq was as culturally sensitive as sending German troops to Bosnia. But, then, no one asked the Serbian population of Bosnia. In any case, Bosnia has long since emerged as the European base for Al Qaeda. Iraqis were asked and to Turkish relief said no. In other words, Turkey is not attacked because it cooperated with the US. Like Saudi Arabia, it was attacked despite the fact that it has NOT cooperated. But, if the truth is recognized it will be Bush and Blair who will be vindicated and not the protesters and that is too bitter a pill for the Bush hating media to swallow. My heartfelt condolences to the victims and their families. NO, they did not deserve this.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)