LISTENING TO DE VILLEPIN DOES NOT SAVE TURKEY
It was only after a visit to Europe put into question the French-German promise to treat Turkey like a Christian state and let it join the EU that the Turkish government decided to mend its fences with the US with a conditional offer to sent Turkish troops to help in Iraq. Of course, sending Turkish troops to Iraq was as culturally sensitive as sending German troops to Bosnia. But, then, no one asked the Serbian population of Bosnia. In any case, Bosnia has long since emerged as the European base for Al Qaeda. Iraqis were asked and to Turkish relief said no. In other words, Turkey is not attacked because it cooperated with the US. Like Saudi Arabia, it was attacked despite the fact that it has NOT cooperated. But, if the truth is recognized it will be Bush and Blair who will be vindicated and not the protesters and that is too bitter a pill for the Bush hating media to swallow. My heartfelt condolences to the victims and their families. NO, they did not deserve this.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”