"AFGHANI AND IRAQI WOMEN" DO BETTER. IRANIAN WOMEN GET LASHED.
"The vital voice of Iraqi women" is also heard in the land and by the American officials. Iraqi women are also writing books like"The Daughter of Iraq" detailing their experiences under the Saddam regime though a world busy condmening the US for liberating them would rather not listen.
I know, I know. Everything is not all better. But as I noted in an HNN article
Bush Jr., went to war to fight terrorism and not to force the Muslem world to treat their women as fellow human beings. The war is far from over and victory is not yet assured. Still, it has already become clear that if the American war in Afghanistan is going to be considered a just war, it is going to be because it enabled Afghani women to claim their place in the sun. The demise of the Taliban meant that Afghanis turned on their television and saw a woman anchoring the news. It also led Laura Bush to become the first First Lady to give a presidential radio address, committing the only superpower to the promotion of the rights of women. Hence, a call for the expulsion of women from intellectual, economic and political life will be tantamount to the espousal of slavery, racism or anti-Semitism. A subject once debatable, is now self evident.Of course, just as with anti-Semitism, vigilence is of essence.
In the meantime, in Quenteen Peel's exemplar of democracy, "Seven Iranian women in the southwestern city of Shiraz were sentenced to 50 lashes each for undermining strict Islamic codes during the holy month of Ramadan, a hardline paper reported Saturday."
In Jordan relatives ar entitled to kill female relatives who"dishonor" their families by dating a man of which the family disapproves. This enlightned Queen Nur Americans love to faun over is NOT leading the charge for a change in the law!
Its time feminists stopped their" crime of silence" on the treatment of Muslim women.
comments powered by Disqus
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- The Racial Politics of Nat Turner Tours
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller