MAHATHIR, DEMOCRACY AND HUMAN RIGHTS
I could go on. Suffice to say - Just as Muslim law does not accomodate easily gender equality, it does not accomodate easily religious equality. Mahathir did not intend to complement Jews, he intended to taint those (including Muslims) who wish to see democracy and respect for human rights flourish in Muslim lands.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools