IRAN INCENSED BY EU CONDEMNATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS RECORD
The EU condemnation followed the passage of an American backed UN resolution.
This united front makes it more difficulty for Iran to intimidate critics and As Frieda notes, Iranian authorities can dismiss foreign protests over its nuclear development by claiming to be motivated by the wish to protect the Iranian people. They cannot use the same excuse to justify prosecuting Iranians. Hence, focusing on human rights issues give hope to opposition groups and increases the regime's vulnerability."The regime can not fool the people claiming that they are doing this (human rights violations) to protect Iranians! They can not say, we are violating human rights to make Iran a stronger country!"
comments powered by Disqus
- Betsy DeVos Press Release Celebrates Jim Crow Education System as Pioneer of “School Choice”
- Eisenhower Concluded Neither U.S. Military Operations Nor Popular Uprisings Were Feasible in Soviet-Controlled Eastern Europe, Despite “Rollback” Rhetoric
- Jesse Jackson: It’s ok to leave Confederate monuments in place, but tell the full story
- Taiwan Commemorates a Violent Nationalist Episode, 70 Years Later
- As Albania Reckons With Its Communist Past, Critics Say It’s Too Late
- Mostafa el-Abbadi, Champion of Alexandria’s Resurrected Library, Dies at 88
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write