IRAN INCENSED BY EU CONDEMNATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS RECORD
The EU condemnation followed the passage of an American backed UN resolution.
This united front makes it more difficulty for Iran to intimidate critics and As Frieda notes, Iranian authorities can dismiss foreign protests over its nuclear development by claiming to be motivated by the wish to protect the Iranian people. They cannot use the same excuse to justify prosecuting Iranians. Hence, focusing on human rights issues give hope to opposition groups and increases the regime's vulnerability."The regime can not fool the people claiming that they are doing this (human rights violations) to protect Iranians! They can not say, we are violating human rights to make Iran a stronger country!"
comments powered by Disqus
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests