IRAN INCENSED BY EU CONDEMNATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS RECORD
The EU condemnation followed the passage of an American backed UN resolution.
This united front makes it more difficulty for Iran to intimidate critics and As Frieda notes, Iranian authorities can dismiss foreign protests over its nuclear development by claiming to be motivated by the wish to protect the Iranian people. They cannot use the same excuse to justify prosecuting Iranians. Hence, focusing on human rights issues give hope to opposition groups and increases the regime's vulnerability."The regime can not fool the people claiming that they are doing this (human rights violations) to protect Iranians! They can not say, we are violating human rights to make Iran a stronger country!"
comments powered by Disqus
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Islamist: Sorry I Wrecked Heritage Site
- For Donald Trump’s Family, an Immigrant’s Tale With 2 Beginnings
- Hillary Clinton Isn’t First Politician to Face Criticism Over Speaking Fees
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton