IRAN INCENSED BY EU CONDEMNATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS RECORD
The EU condemnation followed the passage of an American backed UN resolution.
This united front makes it more difficulty for Iran to intimidate critics and As Frieda notes, Iranian authorities can dismiss foreign protests over its nuclear development by claiming to be motivated by the wish to protect the Iranian people. They cannot use the same excuse to justify prosecuting Iranians. Hence, focusing on human rights issues give hope to opposition groups and increases the regime's vulnerability."The regime can not fool the people claiming that they are doing this (human rights violations) to protect Iranians! They can not say, we are violating human rights to make Iran a stronger country!"
comments powered by Disqus
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Trump Recording Narrows Divide on Sexual Assault
- SUNY professor says Trump win at least 87 percent certain; other polls 'bunk'
- Petition Started to Include Clarence Thomas in National African American Museum
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller