POLES RELEASE SOVIET PLANS FOR W.W.III.
It may also be what the doctor ordered for Russians nostalgic for the good old days. As Robin Shepherd points out in a Financial Times column entitled "Russia's misplaced pride holds back democracy," democracy is being lost in Russia by the absence of"a serious and wide ranging debate about the Soviet past: the horrors of Lenin and Stalin; the psychiatric prisons for dissidents later on; the vast corruption and the bloodstained tyranny of Soviet imperialism." Analysis of the Soviet view of the Cold War can also serve a similar purpose.
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide