POLES RELEASE SOVIET PLANS FOR W.W.III.
It may also be what the doctor ordered for Russians nostalgic for the good old days. As Robin Shepherd points out in a Financial Times column entitled "Russia's misplaced pride holds back democracy," democracy is being lost in Russia by the absence of"a serious and wide ranging debate about the Soviet past: the horrors of Lenin and Stalin; the psychiatric prisons for dissidents later on; the vast corruption and the bloodstained tyranny of Soviet imperialism." Analysis of the Soviet view of the Cold War can also serve a similar purpose.
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?