POLES RELEASE SOVIET PLANS FOR W.W.III.
It may also be what the doctor ordered for Russians nostalgic for the good old days. As Robin Shepherd points out in a Financial Times column entitled "Russia's misplaced pride holds back democracy," democracy is being lost in Russia by the absence of"a serious and wide ranging debate about the Soviet past: the horrors of Lenin and Stalin; the psychiatric prisons for dissidents later on; the vast corruption and the bloodstained tyranny of Soviet imperialism." Analysis of the Soviet view of the Cold War can also serve a similar purpose.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”