POLES RELEASE SOVIET PLANS FOR W.W.III.
It may also be what the doctor ordered for Russians nostalgic for the good old days. As Robin Shepherd points out in a Financial Times column entitled "Russia's misplaced pride holds back democracy," democracy is being lost in Russia by the absence of"a serious and wide ranging debate about the Soviet past: the horrors of Lenin and Stalin; the psychiatric prisons for dissidents later on; the vast corruption and the bloodstained tyranny of Soviet imperialism." Analysis of the Soviet view of the Cold War can also serve a similar purpose.
comments powered by Disqus
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- A ‘Quest for Justice’ for Murdered Civil Rights Pioneer, 52 Years Later
- Under Trump, Most Americans Lack Basic Knowledge to Understand Current Events, Study Finds
- Trump wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4th
- What Happens When an Entire Campus Is Rooted in the Confederacy?
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar
- Peter Dreier calls on Americans to build monuments to liberal heroes