POLES RELEASE SOVIET PLANS FOR W.W.III.
It may also be what the doctor ordered for Russians nostalgic for the good old days. As Robin Shepherd points out in a Financial Times column entitled "Russia's misplaced pride holds back democracy," democracy is being lost in Russia by the absence of"a serious and wide ranging debate about the Soviet past: the horrors of Lenin and Stalin; the psychiatric prisons for dissidents later on; the vast corruption and the bloodstained tyranny of Soviet imperialism." Analysis of the Soviet view of the Cold War can also serve a similar purpose.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"