CHINA JOINS ANTI NUCLEAR IRAN COALITION
A European official told The Associated Press that"the Chinese are very, very constructive and on board with the (U.S.)-European position" – engaging Iran on giving up uranium enrichment, while indirectly keeping the possibility of Security Council action alive.
Why? Not only because with Russia on board, it further isolates Iran but because for the second time, China and Russia are joining the adult members of the International community. The first breakthrough case was their help in cutting a deal with North Korea.
Turning free riders to rule enforcers can only"make the world more peaceful."
As Frieda suggests, Bush administration deserves some credit if China indeed joins the anti-Iranian pack.
More good news: the Iranian parliament continues to say no to Ahmadinejad (see, Iran president slammed over oil ministry row )- Could these developments be connected?
comments powered by Disqus
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- CIA: “Pinochet personally ordered” Letelier bombing
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history