CHINA JOINS ANTI NUCLEAR IRAN COALITION
A European official told The Associated Press that"the Chinese are very, very constructive and on board with the (U.S.)-European position" – engaging Iran on giving up uranium enrichment, while indirectly keeping the possibility of Security Council action alive.
Why? Not only because with Russia on board, it further isolates Iran but because for the second time, China and Russia are joining the adult members of the International community. The first breakthrough case was their help in cutting a deal with North Korea.
Turning free riders to rule enforcers can only"make the world more peaceful."
As Frieda suggests, Bush administration deserves some credit if China indeed joins the anti-Iranian pack.
More good news: the Iranian parliament continues to say no to Ahmadinejad (see, Iran president slammed over oil ministry row )- Could these developments be connected?
comments powered by Disqus
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize
- Michael Cohen explains why he calls his book on 1968 “American Malestrom"
- Fredrik Logevall on Obama's Legacy