CHINA JOINS ANTI NUCLEAR IRAN COALITION
A European official told The Associated Press that"the Chinese are very, very constructive and on board with the (U.S.)-European position" – engaging Iran on giving up uranium enrichment, while indirectly keeping the possibility of Security Council action alive.
Why? Not only because with Russia on board, it further isolates Iran but because for the second time, China and Russia are joining the adult members of the International community. The first breakthrough case was their help in cutting a deal with North Korea.
Turning free riders to rule enforcers can only"make the world more peaceful."
As Frieda suggests, Bush administration deserves some credit if China indeed joins the anti-Iranian pack.
More good news: the Iranian parliament continues to say no to Ahmadinejad (see, Iran president slammed over oil ministry row )- Could these developments be connected?
comments powered by Disqus
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95