CHINA JOINS ANTI NUCLEAR IRAN COALITION
A European official told The Associated Press that"the Chinese are very, very constructive and on board with the (U.S.)-European position" – engaging Iran on giving up uranium enrichment, while indirectly keeping the possibility of Security Council action alive.
Why? Not only because with Russia on board, it further isolates Iran but because for the second time, China and Russia are joining the adult members of the International community. The first breakthrough case was their help in cutting a deal with North Korea.
Turning free riders to rule enforcers can only"make the world more peaceful."
As Frieda suggests, Bush administration deserves some credit if China indeed joins the anti-Iranian pack.
More good news: the Iranian parliament continues to say no to Ahmadinejad (see, Iran president slammed over oil ministry row )- Could these developments be connected?
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”