CHINA JOINS ANTI NUCLEAR IRAN COALITION
A European official told The Associated Press that"the Chinese are very, very constructive and on board with the (U.S.)-European position" – engaging Iran on giving up uranium enrichment, while indirectly keeping the possibility of Security Council action alive.
Why? Not only because with Russia on board, it further isolates Iran but because for the second time, China and Russia are joining the adult members of the International community. The first breakthrough case was their help in cutting a deal with North Korea.
Turning free riders to rule enforcers can only"make the world more peaceful."
As Frieda suggests, Bush administration deserves some credit if China indeed joins the anti-Iranian pack.
More good news: the Iranian parliament continues to say no to Ahmadinejad (see, Iran president slammed over oil ministry row )- Could these developments be connected?
comments powered by Disqus
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton