NYT DROPS TITLE JUSTIFYING SUICIDE BOMBING
This was hardly an aberration. Such titles are routine. Most readers fail to even notice them anymore especially as they have been carefully trained over the years to view the murderers of Israelis through a similar value-free prism. As far as the NYT goes, the goal of undermining the Bush administration trumps every other consideration.
But, then, I went to the website to find the appropriate link and, lo and behold, the title has been replaced with a more objective one: Suicide Bombing in Iraq Kills 30 and Wounds Dozens The impersonal language has been maintained. Not suicide bombers kill 30 etc. but suicide bombing kills 30.
It's time to force reporters to attend ethics classes taught by survivors of such"bombings."
comments powered by Disqus
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Trump Budget Proposes Devastating Cuts to Federal History, Archival & Education Programs
- Alabama governor signs law giving thousands of felons their right to vote back
- Jerusalem Post recalls history of the Six-Day War
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?