NYT DROPS TITLE JUSTIFYING SUICIDE BOMBING
This was hardly an aberration. Such titles are routine. Most readers fail to even notice them anymore especially as they have been carefully trained over the years to view the murderers of Israelis through a similar value-free prism. As far as the NYT goes, the goal of undermining the Bush administration trumps every other consideration.
But, then, I went to the website to find the appropriate link and, lo and behold, the title has been replaced with a more objective one: Suicide Bombing in Iraq Kills 30 and Wounds Dozens The impersonal language has been maintained. Not suicide bombers kill 30 etc. but suicide bombing kills 30.
It's time to force reporters to attend ethics classes taught by survivors of such"bombings."
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton