MUBARAK GOT THE ELECTIONS RESULTS HE WANTED
As I have written before the elections, Mubarak wanted the elections to demonstrate that he is the only alternative to Islamists. Not only did he permit them to campaign but divided the electorate with them. At the same time he persecuted mercilessly the reformists.
The result? Islamists won 34 seats and reformist 8. Surprise, suprise!
Oh, yes, not to worry, Copts will continue to be persecuted.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook