MUBARAK GOT THE ELECTIONS RESULTS HE WANTED
As I have written before the elections, Mubarak wanted the elections to demonstrate that he is the only alternative to Islamists. Not only did he permit them to campaign but divided the electorate with them. At the same time he persecuted mercilessly the reformists.
The result? Islamists won 34 seats and reformist 8. Surprise, suprise!
Oh, yes, not to worry, Copts will continue to be persecuted.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton