MUBARAK GOT THE ELECTIONS RESULTS HE WANTED
As I have written before the elections, Mubarak wanted the elections to demonstrate that he is the only alternative to Islamists. Not only did he permit them to campaign but divided the electorate with them. At the same time he persecuted mercilessly the reformists.
The result? Islamists won 34 seats and reformist 8. Surprise, suprise!
Oh, yes, not to worry, Copts will continue to be persecuted.
comments powered by Disqus
- Obama May Create Monument to Gay Rights Movement
- China to release last prisoner jailed over Tiananmen Square protests
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95