MUBARAK GOT THE ELECTIONS RESULTS HE WANTED
As I have written before the elections, Mubarak wanted the elections to demonstrate that he is the only alternative to Islamists. Not only did he permit them to campaign but divided the electorate with them. At the same time he persecuted mercilessly the reformists.
The result? Islamists won 34 seats and reformist 8. Surprise, suprise!
Oh, yes, not to worry, Copts will continue to be persecuted.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"