MUBARAK GOT THE ELECTIONS RESULTS HE WANTED
As I have written before the elections, Mubarak wanted the elections to demonstrate that he is the only alternative to Islamists. Not only did he permit them to campaign but divided the electorate with them. At the same time he persecuted mercilessly the reformists.
The result? Islamists won 34 seats and reformist 8. Surprise, suprise!
Oh, yes, not to worry, Copts will continue to be persecuted.
comments powered by Disqus
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- The book Mattis reads to be prepared for war with North Korea
- Civil War’s legacy hangs over a plaque honoring Confederate soldiers
- Confederate statues still stand in rural Virginia
- Advocates are starting to push for LGBTQ history to be taught in public schools
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz