FRENCH MEDIA TOLD TO HUSH THE ATTACKS ON JEWS
"Walter H," who lives in France, stated that the violence against Jews has been country-wide."In Lyon, a car was rammed into a synagogue and set on fire. In Montpellier, the Jewish religious center was firebombed [as] were synagogues in Strasbourg and Marseilles [and] a Jewish school in Creteil," he wrote in an e-mail..
He also related that a Jewish sports club in Toulouse was attacked with Molotov cocktails and that vandals painted the words"Dirty Jew" on a statute of Alfred Dreyfus in Paris. He added,"15 men beat up members of a Jewish football team with sticks" in Bondy.
Apparently, fear and trembling is not confined to the Netherlands. Walter H. prefers to remain anonymous. The French authorities agree that silence is golden and requested that Jewish organiztions remain silent.
Are there afraid that publicity will give the rioters ideas or are they worried about the bad publicity?
comments powered by Disqus
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- Buried at an Asylum, the ‘Unspoken, Untold History’ of the South
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy