FRENCH MEDIA TOLD TO HUSH THE ATTACKS ON JEWS
"Walter H," who lives in France, stated that the violence against Jews has been country-wide."In Lyon, a car was rammed into a synagogue and set on fire. In Montpellier, the Jewish religious center was firebombed [as] were synagogues in Strasbourg and Marseilles [and] a Jewish school in Creteil," he wrote in an e-mail..
He also related that a Jewish sports club in Toulouse was attacked with Molotov cocktails and that vandals painted the words"Dirty Jew" on a statute of Alfred Dreyfus in Paris. He added,"15 men beat up members of a Jewish football team with sticks" in Bondy.
Apparently, fear and trembling is not confined to the Netherlands. Walter H. prefers to remain anonymous. The French authorities agree that silence is golden and requested that Jewish organiztions remain silent.
Are there afraid that publicity will give the rioters ideas or are they worried about the bad publicity?
comments powered by Disqus
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Islamist: Sorry I Wrecked Heritage Site
- For Donald Trump’s Family, an Immigrant’s Tale With 2 Beginnings
- Hillary Clinton Isn’t First Politician to Face Criticism Over Speaking Fees
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton