FRENCH MEDIA TOLD TO HUSH THE ATTACKS ON JEWS
"Walter H," who lives in France, stated that the violence against Jews has been country-wide."In Lyon, a car was rammed into a synagogue and set on fire. In Montpellier, the Jewish religious center was firebombed [as] were synagogues in Strasbourg and Marseilles [and] a Jewish school in Creteil," he wrote in an e-mail..
He also related that a Jewish sports club in Toulouse was attacked with Molotov cocktails and that vandals painted the words"Dirty Jew" on a statute of Alfred Dreyfus in Paris. He added,"15 men beat up members of a Jewish football team with sticks" in Bondy.
Apparently, fear and trembling is not confined to the Netherlands. Walter H. prefers to remain anonymous. The French authorities agree that silence is golden and requested that Jewish organiztions remain silent.
Are there afraid that publicity will give the rioters ideas or are they worried about the bad publicity?
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond