FRENCH MEDIA TOLD TO HUSH THE ATTACKS ON JEWS
"Walter H," who lives in France, stated that the violence against Jews has been country-wide."In Lyon, a car was rammed into a synagogue and set on fire. In Montpellier, the Jewish religious center was firebombed [as] were synagogues in Strasbourg and Marseilles [and] a Jewish school in Creteil," he wrote in an e-mail..
He also related that a Jewish sports club in Toulouse was attacked with Molotov cocktails and that vandals painted the words"Dirty Jew" on a statute of Alfred Dreyfus in Paris. He added,"15 men beat up members of a Jewish football team with sticks" in Bondy.
Apparently, fear and trembling is not confined to the Netherlands. Walter H. prefers to remain anonymous. The French authorities agree that silence is golden and requested that Jewish organiztions remain silent.
Are there afraid that publicity will give the rioters ideas or are they worried about the bad publicity?
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)