DANISH IMAM JAILED FOR ATTEMPT TO BLOCK REPORTING OF SEXUAL ABUSE OF MINOR
An Iraqi-born imam was sentenced to prison in a Copenhagen court on Wednesday for attempting to persuade a mother not to report her husband for sexually abusing their son.
The Eastern High Court found that the imam had pressed and threatened the woman to try to get her to withdraw her report of her husband and one of his friends for sexually abusing her seven-year-old son.
'If he swears by the Koran that he didn't do it, you must go to the police and tell them that you're not going ahead with the case,' the imam reportedly told the mother in one of his phone calls. 'Remember that we are Muslims, and if you haven't seen anything, he hasn't done anything.'
The Danish justice system disagreed. In the meantime, she, like more and more Europeans who cross Islamists, has to live hidden.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook