US PROVES MARX WRONG
More than half of American households now have a stake in the stock market. And their portfolios have largely recovered from the ravages of the bear market, a new survey has found.
In other words, most Americans belong to the ownership society. Do not forget that home ownership is also at an all time high. In other words, wealth is being spread around and Americans are learning to diminish risk though diversification.
Not bad, not bad at all. It is certainly not what Marx predicted.
comments powered by Disqus
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder denounces the Polish government for sabotaging the Museum of the Second World War
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history