US PROVES MARX WRONG
More than half of American households now have a stake in the stock market. And their portfolios have largely recovered from the ravages of the bear market, a new survey has found.
In other words, most Americans belong to the ownership society. Do not forget that home ownership is also at an all time high. In other words, wealth is being spread around and Americans are learning to diminish risk though diversification.
Not bad, not bad at all. It is certainly not what Marx predicted.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools