US PROVES MARX WRONG
More than half of American households now have a stake in the stock market. And their portfolios have largely recovered from the ravages of the bear market, a new survey has found.
In other words, most Americans belong to the ownership society. Do not forget that home ownership is also at an all time high. In other words, wealth is being spread around and Americans are learning to diminish risk though diversification.
Not bad, not bad at all. It is certainly not what Marx predicted.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)