BLAIR WILL GET HIS 90 DAYS / NO HE DOES NOT!
However, a poll showing that 64% of the people support such a measure and his willingness to add a sunset provision, has changed the parliamentary dynamics. Now it looks as if Tony Blair is going to get his way.
Well, he failed to get his way. He only got 28 days. Does this mean that Blair is finished? Clearly, his backbenchers want him to go.
The fact that Australia's new terror legislation raised the number of day a suspect can be held to 14, the numer of days already permitted in Britian did not help either. He would be missed.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”