BLAIR WILL GET HIS 90 DAYS / NO HE DOES NOT!
However, a poll showing that 64% of the people support such a measure and his willingness to add a sunset provision, has changed the parliamentary dynamics. Now it looks as if Tony Blair is going to get his way.
Well, he failed to get his way. He only got 28 days. Does this mean that Blair is finished? Clearly, his backbenchers want him to go.
The fact that Australia's new terror legislation raised the number of day a suspect can be held to 14, the numer of days already permitted in Britian did not help either. He would be missed.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize