BLAIR WILL GET HIS 90 DAYS / NO HE DOES NOT!
However, a poll showing that 64% of the people support such a measure and his willingness to add a sunset provision, has changed the parliamentary dynamics. Now it looks as if Tony Blair is going to get his way.
Well, he failed to get his way. He only got 28 days. Does this mean that Blair is finished? Clearly, his backbenchers want him to go.
The fact that Australia's new terror legislation raised the number of day a suspect can be held to 14, the numer of days already permitted in Britian did not help either. He would be missed.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Places That Are Actually Worth Visiting
- JFK’s last birthday: Gifts, champagne and wandering hands on the presidential yacht
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools