BLAIR WILL GET HIS 90 DAYS / NO HE DOES NOT!
However, a poll showing that 64% of the people support such a measure and his willingness to add a sunset provision, has changed the parliamentary dynamics. Now it looks as if Tony Blair is going to get his way.
Well, he failed to get his way. He only got 28 days. Does this mean that Blair is finished? Clearly, his backbenchers want him to go.
The fact that Australia's new terror legislation raised the number of day a suspect can be held to 14, the numer of days already permitted in Britian did not help either. He would be missed.
comments powered by Disqus
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95