FRANCE ATTACKED FOR BLOCKING "FAIR TRADE"
This is how a story on the subject starts:
FRANCE is stopping millions of people moving out of poverty and jeopardizing world trade by its refusal to open European agricultural markets, Trade Minister Mark Vaile said.
Ouch. This at the time the French are trying to celebrate their colonial past as a time they brought progress to a region which needed it badly.
comments powered by Disqus
green LA girl - 10/25/2005
En general, I love the French, but they really need to cut down on their unreasonable farm subsidies --
Somewhat relatedly, perhaps you'd be interested in the Starbucks Challenge?
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed
- Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
- Obama Signs Bill Removing ‘Negro,’ ‘Oriental’ from Federal Laws
- ISIS Destroys Ancient Adad & Mashki Gates in Nineveh, Iraq
- Geographical names with “Jim Crow” are history in this state
- Timothy Garton Ash Puts Forth a Free-Speech Manifesto
- Iowa historian makes independent bid for US Senate
- British feminist historian declines prestigious Israeli award following BDS pressure
- Robert W. Gutman, Biographer of Wagner and Mozart, Dies at 90
- Greg O’Malley’s go-to slave trade database will soon show more than the path the ships took from Africa to the New World