FRANCE ATTACKED FOR BLOCKING "FAIR TRADE"
This is how a story on the subject starts:
FRANCE is stopping millions of people moving out of poverty and jeopardizing world trade by its refusal to open European agricultural markets, Trade Minister Mark Vaile said.
Ouch. This at the time the French are trying to celebrate their colonial past as a time they brought progress to a region which needed it badly.
comments powered by Disqus
green LA girl - 10/25/2005
En general, I love the French, but they really need to cut down on their unreasonable farm subsidies --
Somewhat relatedly, perhaps you'd be interested in the Starbucks Challenge?
- Frontline does Trump & Clinton
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017