FRANCE ATTACKED FOR BLOCKING "FAIR TRADE"
This is how a story on the subject starts:
FRANCE is stopping millions of people moving out of poverty and jeopardizing world trade by its refusal to open European agricultural markets, Trade Minister Mark Vaile said.
Ouch. This at the time the French are trying to celebrate their colonial past as a time they brought progress to a region which needed it badly.
comments powered by Disqus
green LA girl - 10/25/2005
En general, I love the French, but they really need to cut down on their unreasonable farm subsidies --
Somewhat relatedly, perhaps you'd be interested in the Starbucks Challenge?
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election