FRANCE ATTACKED FOR BLOCKING "FAIR TRADE"
This is how a story on the subject starts:
FRANCE is stopping millions of people moving out of poverty and jeopardizing world trade by its refusal to open European agricultural markets, Trade Minister Mark Vaile said.
Ouch. This at the time the French are trying to celebrate their colonial past as a time they brought progress to a region which needed it badly.
comments powered by Disqus
green LA girl - 10/25/2005
En general, I love the French, but they really need to cut down on their unreasonable farm subsidies --
Somewhat relatedly, perhaps you'd be interested in the Starbucks Challenge?
- Previously untouched 600BC palace discovered under shrine demolished by Isil in Mosul
- Russian government website notes that game maker has sent “Secret Hitler” to every US senator
- Scholars debate the future of NATO
- Trump, Putin, and the New Cold War
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport