FRANCE ATTACKED FOR BLOCKING "FAIR TRADE"
This is how a story on the subject starts:
FRANCE is stopping millions of people moving out of poverty and jeopardizing world trade by its refusal to open European agricultural markets, Trade Minister Mark Vaile said.
Ouch. This at the time the French are trying to celebrate their colonial past as a time they brought progress to a region which needed it badly.
comments powered by Disqus
green LA girl - 10/25/2005
En general, I love the French, but they really need to cut down on their unreasonable farm subsidies --
Somewhat relatedly, perhaps you'd be interested in the Starbucks Challenge?
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)