CONTRAST ABBAS AND SHARON ON TERRORISM BY THEIR OWN
I could not but remember Sharon's forceful condemnation of the murder of Palestinians by his own people. A murder is a murder, he said. There were no if or buts. Apparently, even the Palestinians became ashamed of him and tried to strenegthen their condemnation. But ended up calling it an act of terror in the midst of a flood of words chastizing Israel.
The murders obviously were intended to undermine Abbas as they took place while he was travelling abroad trying to sell his failing appeasement strategy. The question must be asked: If he cannot does not command the respect of his own Fatah how can he command the respect of Hamas and Islamic Jihad?
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook