CONTRAST ABBAS AND SHARON ON TERRORISM BY THEIR OWN
I could not but remember Sharon's forceful condemnation of the murder of Palestinians by his own people. A murder is a murder, he said. There were no if or buts. Apparently, even the Palestinians became ashamed of him and tried to strenegthen their condemnation. But ended up calling it an act of terror in the midst of a flood of words chastizing Israel.
The murders obviously were intended to undermine Abbas as they took place while he was travelling abroad trying to sell his failing appeasement strategy. The question must be asked: If he cannot does not command the respect of his own Fatah how can he command the respect of Hamas and Islamic Jihad?
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Daniel K. Williams says Democrats have a religion problem
- Bill O’Reilly – America’s best-selling “historian” – ridiculed in Harper’s for writing bad history
- Largest history festival is the UK criticized for being white and male
- Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist
- Harvard's Moshik Temkin pens op ed in the NYT warning historians not to use analogies