CONTRAST ABBAS AND SHARON ON TERRORISM BY THEIR OWN
I could not but remember Sharon's forceful condemnation of the murder of Palestinians by his own people. A murder is a murder, he said. There were no if or buts. Apparently, even the Palestinians became ashamed of him and tried to strenegthen their condemnation. But ended up calling it an act of terror in the midst of a flood of words chastizing Israel.
The murders obviously were intended to undermine Abbas as they took place while he was travelling abroad trying to sell his failing appeasement strategy. The question must be asked: If he cannot does not command the respect of his own Fatah how can he command the respect of Hamas and Islamic Jihad?
comments powered by Disqus
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- Rare Documents Show a Palm Reader's Take on Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt
- A Photo of Billy the Kid Bought for $10 at a Flea Market May Be Worth Millions
- Twitter Is Full of Fake History Photos
- The new Museum of the Bible confronts the challenge of presenting slavery and the Confederacy
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction
- Gar Alperovitz is still pushing to make America more democratic
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”