CONTRAST ABBAS AND SHARON ON TERRORISM BY THEIR OWN
I could not but remember Sharon's forceful condemnation of the murder of Palestinians by his own people. A murder is a murder, he said. There were no if or buts. Apparently, even the Palestinians became ashamed of him and tried to strenegthen their condemnation. But ended up calling it an act of terror in the midst of a flood of words chastizing Israel.
The murders obviously were intended to undermine Abbas as they took place while he was travelling abroad trying to sell his failing appeasement strategy. The question must be asked: If he cannot does not command the respect of his own Fatah how can he command the respect of Hamas and Islamic Jihad?
comments powered by Disqus
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder denounces the Polish government for sabotaging the Museum of the Second World War
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history