MUSLIM WOMEN SPEAK: BEATING ACCEPTABLE?
Well, maybe it is not merely defensive pride made Saudi women say to Karen Hughes. For 94% of Egyptian women say beating acceptable and other woman from developing countries are not far behind. Apparently, there is as much work to do with women as with men on this subject.
Read this Saudi woman who compares the treatment of an abused wife (Rania)with that of an abused maid.
nik yusof said…
...the only thing that makes the male go nuts is ego..but i dont know what happened to Rania, maybe she did something to her husband, or maybe her husband was just plain bored and thought they could wrestle a little just to pass some time.
whatever it is, i am not sure about domestic violence in homes in malaysia but the most popular kind of violence right now in malaysia is against maids...well my maid gets on my nerves sometimes..but unlike last year's case when this Indon maid was punnished like she was a cow.she was ironed, slashed, poured on boil water, and lots more..its like saddaam's method of torture.
A sheperd gets 6 months for murdering his sister. Apparently all the kings edicts and all the king's men cannot amend the Jordanian law permitting honor killing. The Jordanian blogger writes she had it. A Palestinian commentator takes her to task for writing in Arabic and for expecting foreigners to save her. For some reason I cannot cut and paste that particular blog. But its worth reading.
comments powered by Disqus
Phentermine - 2/3/2006
bingo[url=http://bingo.up-a.com]bingo[/url] viagra[url=http://www.cheapest-viagra-source.com]viagra[/url]tamiflu[url=http://tamiflu.usa-online-pharmacy.net]tamiflu[/url]viagra[url=http://www.viagra-here.com]viagra[/url]viagra[url=http://www.viagra-exchange.com]viagra[/url]online casino[url=http://www.0-online-casino.us]online casino[/url]poker[url=http://www.0-poker.biz]poker[/url]phentermine[url=http://www.phentermine-support.com]phentermine[/url] online casino [url=http://www.casino-tribune.com/]online casino[/url] kf1mw1w8-800234373
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95