Arthur Seldon of the Institute of Economic Affairs Dies Aged 89
UPDATE: Wednesday's Independent (London) carries a refereshingly candid obituary of Arthur Seldon by Dennis Kavanagh and an appreciation by Colin Robinson. The article goes behind subscription at 7 p.m. (EDT) this Friday.
FURTHER UPDATE: London newspapers carry three more obituaries today (Thursday). Go here for an obituary by Alfred Sherman in the Guardian, here for the obituary in the Daily Telegraph, and here for the obituary in The Times. If you're interested in finding out more about Seldon, you'll find them all worth reading.
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 10/13/2005
I'm glad that Liberty Fund is publishing Seldon's Collected Works ( http://www.libertyfund.org/details.asp?displayID=1881 ) so that others will be able to know and understand Seldon's ideas and efforts over the decades.
He will be missed. One of the quiet leaders of classical liberalism. May he always be remembered.
Just a thought.
- Black studies professor in the middle of exploding scandal at the University of North Carolina
- 2 conservative groups are leading the fight against the new AP standards
- The secret of successful history departments
- AHA president suggests older historians should consider making way for younger historians
- Niall Ferguson Joins Schwarzman Scholars as Distinguished Visiting Professor in China