ARMIES TO THE RESCUE
This is especially noteworthy as both South Asian armies suffered major casualties during the quack. Moreover, it was strange to hear news reporters noting that luckily the hard hit area is a major conflict zone, so there will be plenty of available troops and equipment.
Who knows, the disaster, of this"Judgement day" as a local called it, may help strengthen ongoing the Indian/Pakistani peace process and bring a new level of trust to the relations between the armies and the local population.
In any case, there is something satisfying in seeing institutions organized and equiped to inflict great harm being used to limit such harm.
comments powered by Disqus
- Obama May Create Monument to Gay Rights Movement
- China to release last prisoner jailed over Tiananmen Square protests
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95