ARMIES TO THE RESCUE
This is especially noteworthy as both South Asian armies suffered major casualties during the quack. Moreover, it was strange to hear news reporters noting that luckily the hard hit area is a major conflict zone, so there will be plenty of available troops and equipment.
Who knows, the disaster, of this"Judgement day" as a local called it, may help strengthen ongoing the Indian/Pakistani peace process and bring a new level of trust to the relations between the armies and the local population.
In any case, there is something satisfying in seeing institutions organized and equiped to inflict great harm being used to limit such harm.
comments powered by Disqus
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Islamist: Sorry I Wrecked Heritage Site
- For Donald Trump’s Family, an Immigrant’s Tale With 2 Beginnings
- Hillary Clinton Isn’t First Politician to Face Criticism Over Speaking Fees
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton