ARMIES TO THE RESCUE
This is especially noteworthy as both South Asian armies suffered major casualties during the quack. Moreover, it was strange to hear news reporters noting that luckily the hard hit area is a major conflict zone, so there will be plenty of available troops and equipment.
Who knows, the disaster, of this"Judgement day" as a local called it, may help strengthen ongoing the Indian/Pakistani peace process and bring a new level of trust to the relations between the armies and the local population.
In any case, there is something satisfying in seeing institutions organized and equiped to inflict great harm being used to limit such harm.
comments powered by Disqus
- The National Security Agency's own history of tracking of U.S. Citizens is flawed
- Before Trump vs. the NFL, there was Jackie Robinson vs. JFK
- Saudi Textbook Withdrawn Over Image of Yoda With King
- Israelis are celebrating the Kurds’ bid for independence
- Wall Street Journal study finds that rural youths who enlisted after 9/11 shouldered the greatest burden for the nation’s defense
- Jelani Cobb unloads on Trump’s double standard of patriotism in the New Yorker
- Lonnie Bunch is astonished the African-American History Museum has become a pilgrimage site so fast
- Nancy Isenberg says what Americans think is exceptional about them is that they erased class distinctions
- Niall Ferguson’s new book is a warning about the pernicious threat of networks
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses