GENTLE BALI BUDDHISTS TARGETED AGAIN
My heart has been bleeding for them all day though a Malaysian psychiatrist who used to be in the American army reserves, assured Muslim social scientists this afternoon that I can only feel empathy for blonds like me.
Well, Malaysia and Britain both can take partial credit for the carnage:
Security officials blamed Al-Qaeda’s local affiliate, Jemaah Islamiya (JI), which carried out the Bali bombings of three years ago in which 202 people died, including 28 Britons.
Its top bombmaker, Azahari bin Husin, who completed a doctorate at Reading University in the 1990s and is known in his native Malaysia as “Demolition Man”, is suspected of involvement in the latest bombings.
The Telegraph headline is either racists or offers an apologia for the terrorist: Western tourists killed as terrorists return to bomb Indonesian holiday island again
You decide but note that the vast majority of the dead are Balinese!
comments powered by Disqus
- Jesse Jackson: It’s ok to leave Confederate monuments in place, but tell the full story
- Taiwan Commemorates a Violent Nationalist Episode, 70 Years Later
- As Albania Reckons With Its Communist Past, Critics Say It’s Too Late
- Previously untouched 600BC palace discovered under shrine demolished by Isil in Mosul
- Slate reveals that despite our apology, nothing’s been done to help Guatemalans infected in an experiment worse than Tuskegee
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport