GENTLE BALI BUDDHISTS TARGETED AGAIN
My heart has been bleeding for them all day though a Malaysian psychiatrist who used to be in the American army reserves, assured Muslim social scientists this afternoon that I can only feel empathy for blonds like me.
Well, Malaysia and Britain both can take partial credit for the carnage:
Security officials blamed Al-Qaeda’s local affiliate, Jemaah Islamiya (JI), which carried out the Bali bombings of three years ago in which 202 people died, including 28 Britons.
Its top bombmaker, Azahari bin Husin, who completed a doctorate at Reading University in the 1990s and is known in his native Malaysia as “Demolition Man”, is suspected of involvement in the latest bombings.
The Telegraph headline is either racists or offers an apologia for the terrorist: Western tourists killed as terrorists return to bomb Indonesian holiday island again
You decide but note that the vast majority of the dead are Balinese!
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election