GENTLE BALI BUDDHISTS TARGETED AGAIN
My heart has been bleeding for them all day though a Malaysian psychiatrist who used to be in the American army reserves, assured Muslim social scientists this afternoon that I can only feel empathy for blonds like me.
Well, Malaysia and Britain both can take partial credit for the carnage:
Security officials blamed Al-Qaeda’s local affiliate, Jemaah Islamiya (JI), which carried out the Bali bombings of three years ago in which 202 people died, including 28 Britons.
Its top bombmaker, Azahari bin Husin, who completed a doctorate at Reading University in the 1990s and is known in his native Malaysia as “Demolition Man”, is suspected of involvement in the latest bombings.
The Telegraph headline is either racists or offers an apologia for the terrorist: Western tourists killed as terrorists return to bomb Indonesian holiday island again
You decide but note that the vast majority of the dead are Balinese!
comments powered by Disqus
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton