MEDIA SILENCE ABOUT "ALLIANCE OF CIVILIZATIONS"
Turkey's recent flirtation with anti-Semitic, anti-American books not withstanding, it earned the right to hold such conferences. Not only did the Ottoman Empire open its arms to Jews which Spain ethnically cleansed in the 15th century, but Turkey did so again in the 20th century. Unfortunately, an embarrassing episode demonstrated their remain very real limits to freedom of religion : in Turkey which only serves to demonstrate how far Muslim countries have to go when it comes to freedom of religion in Dar al Islam. Indeed, Islamist called the conference “conspiracy against Islam” and heckled Erdogan's call for Muslim-Jewish reconciliation. No, Karen Hughes is not the only one Islamists sympathizers treat badly. Imagine if he called for Turkish-Armenian reconciliation. After all, the black-red coalition is alive, well and kicking and feminists are reds.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)