MEDIA SILENCE ABOUT "ALLIANCE OF CIVILIZATIONS"
Turkey's recent flirtation with anti-Semitic, anti-American books not withstanding, it earned the right to hold such conferences. Not only did the Ottoman Empire open its arms to Jews which Spain ethnically cleansed in the 15th century, but Turkey did so again in the 20th century. Unfortunately, an embarrassing episode demonstrated their remain very real limits to freedom of religion : in Turkey which only serves to demonstrate how far Muslim countries have to go when it comes to freedom of religion in Dar al Islam. Indeed, Islamist called the conference “conspiracy against Islam” and heckled Erdogan's call for Muslim-Jewish reconciliation. No, Karen Hughes is not the only one Islamists sympathizers treat badly. Imagine if he called for Turkish-Armenian reconciliation. After all, the black-red coalition is alive, well and kicking and feminists are reds.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Places That Are Actually Worth Visiting
- JFK’s last birthday: Gifts, champagne and wandering hands on the presidential yacht
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools