GLOBALIZATION OF INTERNET CENSORSHIP?
Now Bruce Kesler informs us that there are attempts afoot to transfer control of the internet from the US to that the UN. I hope the US administration unites in just saying NO!
Unfortuantely, I am not sure, Condi Rice's second in command, Robert Zoellick, appreciates the importance of this tool any more than Bill Clinton does. How else, can the fact that he failed to mention China's persistant efforts to censor the internet in his recent speech: Whither China: From membership to Responsibility? when he did not only criticize the growth of Chinese military but also its lack of labor unions? Weird.
comments powered by Disqus
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- CIA: “Pinochet personally ordered” Letelier bombing
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history