"FIRST POST-WAR PUTSCH IN GERMANY"
because Gerhard Schröder argues that the election had a"personal component" which"is nothing but a thinly-disguised version of his old belief that he enjoys a stronger bond with the German public than any other politician. Indeed, a man like Schröder sees every election as a plebiscite."
In reality, Merkel's margin of victory may have been less than a full percentage point but that should not matter. Moreover, she received 450,000 more votes than Schroeder. Schroeder's entire behavior reeks of old fashioned German male chauvinism.
I bet the store on this tough minded lady. She is not a good campaigner but clearly, she is a good behind the scenes operator. Otherwise, she would not be leading the conservative party or successfully tilting the leftist media in her favor.
comments powered by Disqus
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests