"FIRST POST-WAR PUTSCH IN GERMANY"
because Gerhard Schröder argues that the election had a"personal component" which"is nothing but a thinly-disguised version of his old belief that he enjoys a stronger bond with the German public than any other politician. Indeed, a man like Schröder sees every election as a plebiscite."
In reality, Merkel's margin of victory may have been less than a full percentage point but that should not matter. Moreover, she received 450,000 more votes than Schroeder. Schroeder's entire behavior reeks of old fashioned German male chauvinism.
I bet the store on this tough minded lady. She is not a good campaigner but clearly, she is a good behind the scenes operator. Otherwise, she would not be leading the conservative party or successfully tilting the leftist media in her favor.
comments powered by Disqus
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian
- Holocaust historian 'will quit US' if Trump is elected