"FIRST POST-WAR PUTSCH IN GERMANY"
because Gerhard Schröder argues that the election had a"personal component" which"is nothing but a thinly-disguised version of his old belief that he enjoys a stronger bond with the German public than any other politician. Indeed, a man like Schröder sees every election as a plebiscite."
In reality, Merkel's margin of victory may have been less than a full percentage point but that should not matter. Moreover, she received 450,000 more votes than Schroeder. Schroeder's entire behavior reeks of old fashioned German male chauvinism.
I bet the store on this tough minded lady. She is not a good campaigner but clearly, she is a good behind the scenes operator. Otherwise, she would not be leading the conservative party or successfully tilting the leftist media in her favor.
comments powered by Disqus
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Baton Rouge area Catholic school responds to student's racist essay about Black History Month
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit