"OLD DOG" MUBARAK HAS NO MANDATE BUT "YOUNG TURK" NOUR DOES
54% of the Egyptians turned out in May to approve of multi-candidate elections. 23% turned out to chose a candidate.
still, by coming in a surprising second, Nour has the mandate to act as the head of the opposition. His political talent will determine whether Mubarak Fils has just acquired a serious rival. In other words, the elections may not have been for naught after all.
comments powered by Disqus
Ritzy - 9/11/2005
Thank you for taking interest in our country and alerting your readers to the scandals. The reports from the NGOs are starting to come in and we'll add to the list throughout the week.
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election