"OLD DOG" MUBARAK HAS NO MANDATE BUT "YOUNG TURK" NOUR DOES
54% of the Egyptians turned out in May to approve of multi-candidate elections. 23% turned out to chose a candidate.
still, by coming in a surprising second, Nour has the mandate to act as the head of the opposition. His political talent will determine whether Mubarak Fils has just acquired a serious rival. In other words, the elections may not have been for naught after all.
comments powered by Disqus
Ritzy - 9/11/2005
Thank you for taking interest in our country and alerting your readers to the scandals. The reports from the NGOs are starting to come in and we'll add to the list throughout the week.
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Hitler's phone, 'the most destructive 'weapon' of all time,' sold for $243,000
- NYT features fascinating story about Ford’s fantasyland in Brazil
- Mark Zuckerberg issues manifesto on the future of Facebook that rests on insights of Israeli historian Yuval Harari
- Migration To Americas Came in Waves, According to Big Data
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans