"OLD DOG" MUBARAK HAS NO MANDATE BUT "YOUNG TURK" NOUR DOES
54% of the Egyptians turned out in May to approve of multi-candidate elections. 23% turned out to chose a candidate.
still, by coming in a surprising second, Nour has the mandate to act as the head of the opposition. His political talent will determine whether Mubarak Fils has just acquired a serious rival. In other words, the elections may not have been for naught after all.
comments powered by Disqus
Ritzy - 9/11/2005
Thank you for taking interest in our country and alerting your readers to the scandals. The reports from the NGOs are starting to come in and we'll add to the list throughout the week.
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)