WHERE ARE THE RED CROSS, THE SALVATION ARMY, THE CHARITIES?
I found out that one thing that the Red Cross is doing. Running classes for 3 week volunteers.
Before volunteers are deployed to the regions devastated by hurricane Katrina, they have to undergo a prescreening process and take"introduction to disaster and shelter operations" classes offered at the chapter's office in Stockton.
"These are classes for people who have not been volunteers before, because when they go they will be working probably in the shelters for all those thousands of people in shelters," Veselak said.
The first class has started and a second one is about to begin.
I hope the hungry and thirsty can wait. Do these people know the meaning of emergency?
I heard on German TV that the ambassador has not decided yet whether to accept the German offers to help. Israel wanted to send doctors. Had they gotten the go ahead, they would have been there days ago. I know elephants move slowly but this one take the cake.
comments powered by Disqus
Patrick Walsh - 9/3/2005
Judith, Uh the hurricane struck Sunday, the Levy Broke Monday night and the word didn't really get around until until early Tuesday morning. The Isreaeli's made their offer Wednesday. The earliest doctors from Israel could have been at New Orleans would have been Thursday (very unlikely. Would have required a move from Israel into the disaster area in less than 24 hours. More realistic estimate would have been like 48-72 hours). All of which means they couldn't/wouldn't have been there "days" ago, since this was posted on Friday. The resources required to get half a dozen doctors from the other side of the world into the area could be better used to get victims moved a few hundred miles OUT and dozens of closer American doctors in along with mobile hospitals and clinics. C'mon, you are usually a lot more clear headed than this.
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Baton Rouge area Catholic school responds to student's racist essay about Black History Month
- How the ‘guerrilla archivists’ saved history – and are doing it again under Trump
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit