WHERE ARE THE RED CROSS, THE SALVATION ARMY, THE CHARITIES?
I found out that one thing that the Red Cross is doing. Running classes for 3 week volunteers.
Before volunteers are deployed to the regions devastated by hurricane Katrina, they have to undergo a prescreening process and take"introduction to disaster and shelter operations" classes offered at the chapter's office in Stockton.
"These are classes for people who have not been volunteers before, because when they go they will be working probably in the shelters for all those thousands of people in shelters," Veselak said.
The first class has started and a second one is about to begin.
I hope the hungry and thirsty can wait. Do these people know the meaning of emergency?
I heard on German TV that the ambassador has not decided yet whether to accept the German offers to help. Israel wanted to send doctors. Had they gotten the go ahead, they would have been there days ago. I know elephants move slowly but this one take the cake.
comments powered by Disqus
Patrick Walsh - 9/3/2005
Judith, Uh the hurricane struck Sunday, the Levy Broke Monday night and the word didn't really get around until until early Tuesday morning. The Isreaeli's made their offer Wednesday. The earliest doctors from Israel could have been at New Orleans would have been Thursday (very unlikely. Would have required a move from Israel into the disaster area in less than 24 hours. More realistic estimate would have been like 48-72 hours). All of which means they couldn't/wouldn't have been there "days" ago, since this was posted on Friday. The resources required to get half a dozen doctors from the other side of the world into the area could be better used to get victims moved a few hundred miles OUT and dozens of closer American doctors in along with mobile hospitals and clinics. C'mon, you are usually a lot more clear headed than this.
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"