Alexander Cockburn RIP
Along with a few others, such as Gore Vidal and Naomi Wolfe, Cockburn was foremost in a vanishing breed: leftists who are genuinely skeptical of centralized power and value civil liberty for friend and foe. For more, read <a href="http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/07/21/farewell-alex-my-friend/">here</a>.
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Historians on What Will Be Said About President Obama's Legacy
- Harvard art historian James S. Ackerman Dies at 97
- Obama’s Legacy as a Historian
- Jack Rakove tells League of Women Voters Electoral College needs to be abolished
- Juan Cole says Chelsea Manning’s leaks contributed to the revolution in Tunisia