Alexander Cockburn RIP
Along with a few others, such as Gore Vidal and Naomi Wolfe, Cockburn was foremost in a vanishing breed: leftists who are genuinely skeptical of centralized power and value civil liberty for friend and foe. For more, read <a href="http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/07/21/farewell-alex-my-friend/">here</a>.
comments powered by Disqus
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial