Alexander Cockburn RIP
Along with a few others, such as Gore Vidal and Naomi Wolfe, Cockburn was foremost in a vanishing breed: leftists who are genuinely skeptical of centralized power and value civil liberty for friend and foe. For more, read <a href="http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/07/21/farewell-alex-my-friend/">here</a>.
comments powered by Disqus
- Biographer of a Progressive reformer says it's odd reading stories about inequality in the news every day
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830