Alexander Cockburn RIP
Along with a few others, such as Gore Vidal and Naomi Wolfe, Cockburn was foremost in a vanishing breed: leftists who are genuinely skeptical of centralized power and value civil liberty for friend and foe. For more, read <a href="http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/07/21/farewell-alex-my-friend/">here</a>.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians gloss over too many unpalatable truths, Antony Beevor says
- Historian shares his own experience with mental illness
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?