IRAQI INSURGENCY WAITS FOR THE AMERICAN ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT
To achieve their second goal, turning Americans against the war, the mujahideen need to shape their operations “to support anti-war sentiment in the west”, he says.
To gauge US public opinion, he has become an avid watcher of satellite news channels, and never misses the White House press briefings.
Why is he at large? Why is he not afraid to give an interview under his own name?"He says he is known to the Americans and, in fact, claims that they once tried to hire him as an adviser, in between raids on his house."
Read the rest and you'd understand the reason we are not defeating the insurgency. When all said and done, it seems that just like Patton preferred the Nazis so the Americans prefer the old Baathists. It is a small wonder the Shia do not trust the US. The more the Sunnis kill Americans, the more respect they get.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton