IRAQI INSURGENCY WAITS FOR THE AMERICAN ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT
To achieve their second goal, turning Americans against the war, the mujahideen need to shape their operations “to support anti-war sentiment in the west”, he says.
To gauge US public opinion, he has become an avid watcher of satellite news channels, and never misses the White House press briefings.
Why is he at large? Why is he not afraid to give an interview under his own name?"He says he is known to the Americans and, in fact, claims that they once tried to hire him as an adviser, in between raids on his house."
Read the rest and you'd understand the reason we are not defeating the insurgency. When all said and done, it seems that just like Patton preferred the Nazis so the Americans prefer the old Baathists. It is a small wonder the Shia do not trust the US. The more the Sunnis kill Americans, the more respect they get.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election