IRAQI INSURGENCY WAITS FOR THE AMERICAN ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT
To achieve their second goal, turning Americans against the war, the mujahideen need to shape their operations “to support anti-war sentiment in the west”, he says.
To gauge US public opinion, he has become an avid watcher of satellite news channels, and never misses the White House press briefings.
Why is he at large? Why is he not afraid to give an interview under his own name?"He says he is known to the Americans and, in fact, claims that they once tried to hire him as an adviser, in between raids on his house."
Read the rest and you'd understand the reason we are not defeating the insurgency. When all said and done, it seems that just like Patton preferred the Nazis so the Americans prefer the old Baathists. It is a small wonder the Shia do not trust the US. The more the Sunnis kill Americans, the more respect they get.
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- In Hiroshima 71 years after first atomic strike, Obama calls for end of nuclear weapons
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize