IRAQI INSURGENCY WAITS FOR THE AMERICAN ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT
To achieve their second goal, turning Americans against the war, the mujahideen need to shape their operations “to support anti-war sentiment in the west”, he says.
To gauge US public opinion, he has become an avid watcher of satellite news channels, and never misses the White House press briefings.
Why is he at large? Why is he not afraid to give an interview under his own name?"He says he is known to the Americans and, in fact, claims that they once tried to hire him as an adviser, in between raids on his house."
Read the rest and you'd understand the reason we are not defeating the insurgency. When all said and done, it seems that just like Patton preferred the Nazis so the Americans prefer the old Baathists. It is a small wonder the Shia do not trust the US. The more the Sunnis kill Americans, the more respect they get.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)