Padraic Kenney Interview on Popular Protest Movements
The History News Network recorded this interview with Indiana University historian Padriac Kenney at the Annual Meeting of the American Historical Association in Chicago, IL, on January 8, 2012. Prof. Kenney presented a paper entitled "'Come With Us—They're Not Beating Today!' Making the Streets Free in Communist Eastern Europe," minutes before conducting this interview.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)