Padraic Kenney Interview on Popular Protest Movements
The History News Network recorded this interview with Indiana University historian Padriac Kenney at the Annual Meeting of the American Historical Association in Chicago, IL, on January 8, 2012. Prof. Kenney presented a paper entitled "'Come With Us—They're Not Beating Today!' Making the Streets Free in Communist Eastern Europe," minutes before conducting this interview.
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?