SYRIAN UPHEAVAL LEAVES IRAN EXPOSED
Iranian "students" storm the British Embassy I put students in parenthesis because it is clear that the action was government directed and in line with the latest frantic government pronouncement reflecting the growing fear and trembling permeating the Mullahcracy. Others include threats to launch “150,000 or more” missiles against Israel and to bomb Turkey if Iranian nuclear installations are attacked.
Why the panic? The short answer is Syria. Iran sees Syria as lips to its teeth in the same manner that China sees North Korea as lips to its teeth. The more vulnerable the Assad regime looks, the more exposed Iranian regime feels.
The continued successful attacks on the Iranian war machine and the discovery of the CIA spy network adds to the pressure. Let's hope the Iranian regime can crack without embroiling the region in a war. After all, with Iran as with Pakistan, hope is all we have left.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)