SYRIAN UPHEAVAL LEAVES IRAN EXPOSED
Iranian "students" storm the British Embassy I put students in parenthesis because it is clear that the action was government directed and in line with the latest frantic government pronouncement reflecting the growing fear and trembling permeating the Mullahcracy. Others include threats to launch “150,000 or more” missiles against Israel and to bomb Turkey if Iranian nuclear installations are attacked.
Why the panic? The short answer is Syria. Iran sees Syria as lips to its teeth in the same manner that China sees North Korea as lips to its teeth. The more vulnerable the Assad regime looks, the more exposed Iranian regime feels.
The continued successful attacks on the Iranian war machine and the discovery of the CIA spy network adds to the pressure. Let's hope the Iranian regime can crack without embroiling the region in a war. After all, with Iran as with Pakistan, hope is all we have left.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Allan Lichtman who’s predicted 30 years of presidential elections correctly is doubling down on a Trump win
- National Book Award semifinalist Heather Ann Thompson says the war on crime started with LBJ
- David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history