SYRIAN UPHEAVAL LEAVES IRAN EXPOSED
Iranian "students" storm the British Embassy I put students in parenthesis because it is clear that the action was government directed and in line with the latest frantic government pronouncement reflecting the growing fear and trembling permeating the Mullahcracy. Others include threats to launch “150,000 or more” missiles against Israel and to bomb Turkey if Iranian nuclear installations are attacked.
Why the panic? The short answer is Syria. Iran sees Syria as lips to its teeth in the same manner that China sees North Korea as lips to its teeth. The more vulnerable the Assad regime looks, the more exposed Iranian regime feels.
The continued successful attacks on the Iranian war machine and the discovery of the CIA spy network adds to the pressure. Let's hope the Iranian regime can crack without embroiling the region in a war. After all, with Iran as with Pakistan, hope is all we have left.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum