Lawrence "Larry" J. McAndrews: Carter, Catholics and Abortion
The History News Network recorded this video of Lawrence McAndrews speaking at the annual meeting of the Pacific Coast Branch of the American Historical Association on August 12, 2011. The subject of his paper: "Losing Hope: Carter, Catholics, and Abortion." He spoke at session 4, Religion and Politics in the United States.
comments powered by Disqus
- Alabama governor signs law giving thousands of felons their right to vote back
- Jerusalem Post recalls history of the Six-Day War
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?