Interest on Reserves (Again!)
Ellen Green, "Why Banks Aren't Lending: The Silent Liquidity Squeeze," is an excellent article on the consequences of paying interest on reserves, despite its proposed policy at the end. I stumbled on it because it favorably quotes me. Particularly important is its discussion of the impact on interbank lending, the ramifications of which hadn't occurred to me. David Henderson has a stimulating post on the article over at Econ Log.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic