Interest on Reserves (Again!)
Ellen Green, "Why Banks Aren't Lending: The Silent Liquidity Squeeze," is an excellent article on the consequences of paying interest on reserves, despite its proposed policy at the end. I stumbled on it because it favorably quotes me. Particularly important is its discussion of the impact on interbank lending, the ramifications of which hadn't occurred to me. David Henderson has a stimulating post on the article over at Econ Log.
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide