Interest on Reserves (Again!)
Ellen Green, "Why Banks Aren't Lending: The Silent Liquidity Squeeze," is an excellent article on the consequences of paying interest on reserves, despite its proposed policy at the end. I stumbled on it because it favorably quotes me. Particularly important is its discussion of the impact on interbank lending, the ramifications of which hadn't occurred to me. David Henderson has a stimulating post on the article over at Econ Log.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Churchill Museum director shares vision
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome