Mary Beard reviews Robert Hughes's Rome for the Guardian, 29 June.
Edward Rothstein, "Shakespeare Folios as Venerated Relics," NYT, 7 July, reviews "Fame, Fortune & Theft: The Shakespeare First Folio," an exhibit at Washington, DC's Folger Shakespeare Library.
Norma Clarke, "Roaring boys and Cavalier poets," TLS, 6 July, reviews John Stubbs's Reprobates: The Cavaliers of the English Civil War.
"Evolution of the Map of Africa," How to be a Retronaut, July, features 27 European maps of Africa, created between 1554 and 1865 CE.
comments powered by Disqus
- An Act of Remembering Native American Children Who Died so Long Ago
- June Willenz, Champion of Women in the Military, Dies at 95
- Remembering Ray Eurquhart, a Lifelong Activist Radicalized in the Military
- 9/11 Families Outraged by 'Massive Coverup’ Linking Saudi Arabian Official to Hijackers
- Charlottesville Official Wants To Revisit Statues’ Removal