Feeding the Tax Man at Duffy's Tavern (1944)
Duffy's Tavern was one of the most popular radio shows during World War II and was a direct model for the TV series, Cheers. In this episode from 1944, the main characters try to figure out Roosevelt's expanded income tax which, for the first time, reached the masses. Using humor, it reveals at least some frustration with the onerous and bewildering requirements of the tax.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ben Affleck Asked PBS to Not Reveal Slave-Owning Ancestor
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet