Campaign for the Accountability of American Bases
The United States has around 6,000 military bases on its own soil and more than 1,000 worldwide. The Campaign for the Accountability of American Bases is a British organization that asks questions about U.S. bases in the UK and worldwide. Their website is worth a look. If we're going to have states, I'd rather we have national sovereignty in a world of nation-states than imperialism under any guise, not least humanitarian intervention, so it would be a good thing if the UK would kick 'em out. Fat chance, I know, but there's no harm hoping.
comments powered by Disqus
- Joan Baez, Sly Stone, Steve Martin, Ben E. King -- all honored by the Library of Congress
- StoryCorps to Launch Global Expansion With $1M TED Prize
- Hofstra Event Looks at Bush Presidency
- Did Israel steal uranium from a town in Pennsylvania in the 1960s?
- Sequel to Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom to be published next year
- History Camp "unconference" returns for the second year in Boston
- History Department at Connecticut College deplores Facebook post on Palestinians
- Historians join other scholars in protesting Georgia's anti-gay legislation
- Homeland Security historian builds winning case against Salvadoran leader who oversaw crimes
- What Howard Zinn taught the students of Spelman College