News Round Up
From CNN (May 13): U.S. interviews 'hostile' bin Laden widows, with Pakistan officials. (Note: this has to be the stupidest headline ever. Of course they are hostile to Americans who shot their husband and other friends/family members behind their own eyes. Of course they are hostile to those who shot one of them in the leg while she was trying to protect her husband. Of course, as kidnap victims now imprisoned, they are hostile. Did the U.S. expect they would 'bake a cake'?]
Three of Osama bin Laden's widows have been interviewed by U.S. intelligence officers under the supervision of Pakistani's intelligence service, according to sources in both governments. The women -- who were all interviewed together this week -- were "hostile" toward the Americans, according to a senior Pakistani government official with direct knowledge of the post-bin Laden investigation and two senior U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the matter. The eldest of the three widows spoke for the group.
From the Los Angeles Times (May 12): San Bernardino County man dies after deputies use Taser to subdue him (Note: His crime? He ran a stop sign. Father of victim calls it 'murder'. I do too.)
[Father] said witnesses told him that the deputy slammed his son to the ground. His son was Tasered about eight times by two deputies, said Jack Kephart, who dismissed assertions that his son was combative with the deputies.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”