JAPAN LEARNS: BETTER TO BE OBAMA'S PIG THAN HIS ALLY
The administration disagrees publicly and unjustifiably with the Japanese reading of the numbers and the instructions its gives its own people.
"There's a big difference between Americans in Japan and Japanese in Japan right now. And that's that the Americans in Japan can go home," Acton said. Over half a million Japanese are homeless, displaced and"Japanese authorities have to factor that into their plans," he said.
"If they extend the evacuation zone and evacuate more people but they're not able to feed those people or shelter those people, then it's probably better for those people to stay where they are and inside their houses -- which is actually better radiation protection than it might first appear."
It is too early to tell who is right. One thing is clear, Japanese officials are not likely to forget soon the loss of face Americans were so eager to inflict on them.
For best information about the nuclear situation according to MIT nuclear scientists, click here
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history