JAPAN LEARNS: BETTER TO BE OBAMA'S PIG THAN HIS ALLY
The administration disagrees publicly and unjustifiably with the Japanese reading of the numbers and the instructions its gives its own people.
"There's a big difference between Americans in Japan and Japanese in Japan right now. And that's that the Americans in Japan can go home," Acton said. Over half a million Japanese are homeless, displaced and"Japanese authorities have to factor that into their plans," he said.
"If they extend the evacuation zone and evacuate more people but they're not able to feed those people or shelter those people, then it's probably better for those people to stay where they are and inside their houses -- which is actually better radiation protection than it might first appear."
It is too early to tell who is right. One thing is clear, Japanese officials are not likely to forget soon the loss of face Americans were so eager to inflict on them.
For best information about the nuclear situation according to MIT nuclear scientists, click here
comments powered by Disqus
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election