LIES, DAMN LIES AND STATISTICS
Gallop agrees- It's polling shows a rise in unemployment to 9.8%.
My guess - One percent of the unemployed (elderly and second income earners) stopped looking for the time being. Given the rotten weather, it makes some sense. But doing what Bernanke wishes them to do and go shopping for Chinese goods would be insane as is his economic policy of trashing the US dollar.
Oh, yes, have you noticed how for the first time geopolitical (Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Jordan ++) unrest has not led investors to buy dollars. The opposite is true.
The future is here for those who have the guts to look it in the eye. David Stockman does.
"Thirty days ago we were told 130.7 million jobs in the economy, in December, this morning it was 130.2," he said, adding,"that's the half million."
"Over the last 19 months, since the recession ended, we had 130.7 million jobs in the economy. This morning they said we had 130.2, we're still down a quarter of a million jobs from when the recession ended," Stockman added.
In addition, the U.S. is issuing three times more bonds a month than the GDP is growing, he said, adding,"I don't think we are headed for a cliff, I think we are heading for a wall."
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit