LIES, DAMN LIES AND STATISTICS
Gallop agrees- It's polling shows a rise in unemployment to 9.8%.
My guess - One percent of the unemployed (elderly and second income earners) stopped looking for the time being. Given the rotten weather, it makes some sense. But doing what Bernanke wishes them to do and go shopping for Chinese goods would be insane as is his economic policy of trashing the US dollar.
Oh, yes, have you noticed how for the first time geopolitical (Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Jordan ++) unrest has not led investors to buy dollars. The opposite is true.
The future is here for those who have the guts to look it in the eye. David Stockman does.
"Thirty days ago we were told 130.7 million jobs in the economy, in December, this morning it was 130.2," he said, adding,"that's the half million."
"Over the last 19 months, since the recession ended, we had 130.7 million jobs in the economy. This morning they said we had 130.2, we're still down a quarter of a million jobs from when the recession ended," Stockman added.
In addition, the U.S. is issuing three times more bonds a month than the GDP is growing, he said, adding,"I don't think we are headed for a cliff, I think we are heading for a wall."
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?