LIES, DAMN LIES AND STATISTICS
Gallop agrees- It's polling shows a rise in unemployment to 9.8%.
My guess - One percent of the unemployed (elderly and second income earners) stopped looking for the time being. Given the rotten weather, it makes some sense. But doing what Bernanke wishes them to do and go shopping for Chinese goods would be insane as is his economic policy of trashing the US dollar.
Oh, yes, have you noticed how for the first time geopolitical (Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Jordan ++) unrest has not led investors to buy dollars. The opposite is true.
The future is here for those who have the guts to look it in the eye. David Stockman does.
"Thirty days ago we were told 130.7 million jobs in the economy, in December, this morning it was 130.2," he said, adding,"that's the half million."
"Over the last 19 months, since the recession ended, we had 130.7 million jobs in the economy. This morning they said we had 130.2, we're still down a quarter of a million jobs from when the recession ended," Stockman added.
In addition, the U.S. is issuing three times more bonds a month than the GDP is growing, he said, adding,"I don't think we are headed for a cliff, I think we are heading for a wall."
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"