Lest we forget . . .
First evening I’m alone,
sitting and writing you a letter
about all the things that were
all that happened exactly
letters show up on the wall
I’m your fear, nice to meet you
the figures enjoy playing
moving in the empty, empty house
And you, you don’t know how hard
I tried to keep it from you
all the nightmares
screams and blood on the uniform
you, you don’t understand how much
I’m not who I was
images appear from that night
tears, and pain of warriors
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian