Lest we forget . . .
First evening I’m alone,
sitting and writing you a letter
about all the things that were
all that happened exactly
letters show up on the wall
I’m your fear, nice to meet you
the figures enjoy playing
moving in the empty, empty house
And you, you don’t know how hard
I tried to keep it from you
all the nightmares
screams and blood on the uniform
you, you don’t understand how much
I’m not who I was
images appear from that night
tears, and pain of warriors
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”