OBAMA STANDS BY NOBLE AND LIU
"Mr Liu Xiaobo is far more deserving of this award than I was." No argument there.
He said that Mr Liu"reminds us that human dignity also depends upon the advance of democracy, open society, and the rule of law."
"The values he espouses are universal, his struggle is peaceful, and he should be released as soon as possible," the US president said.
Well said. Of course, Liu says it even better - listen -
MUSIC CAN SPEAK WHERE WORDS ARE FORBIDDEN
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)