OBAMA STANDS BY NOBLE AND LIU
"Mr Liu Xiaobo is far more deserving of this award than I was." No argument there.
He said that Mr Liu"reminds us that human dignity also depends upon the advance of democracy, open society, and the rule of law."
"The values he espouses are universal, his struggle is peaceful, and he should be released as soon as possible," the US president said.
Well said. Of course, Liu says it even better - listen -
MUSIC CAN SPEAK WHERE WORDS ARE FORBIDDEN
comments powered by Disqus
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- $35 million Book of Mormon manuscript sale called the ‘biggest game-changer in Mormon history’
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.