OBAMA STANDS BY NOBLE AND LIU
"Mr Liu Xiaobo is far more deserving of this award than I was." No argument there.
He said that Mr Liu"reminds us that human dignity also depends upon the advance of democracy, open society, and the rule of law."
"The values he espouses are universal, his struggle is peaceful, and he should be released as soon as possible," the US president said.
Well said. Of course, Liu says it even better - listen -
MUSIC CAN SPEAK WHERE WORDS ARE FORBIDDEN
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award