OBAMA STANDS BY NOBLE AND LIU
"Mr Liu Xiaobo is far more deserving of this award than I was." No argument there.
He said that Mr Liu"reminds us that human dignity also depends upon the advance of democracy, open society, and the rule of law."
"The values he espouses are universal, his struggle is peaceful, and he should be released as soon as possible," the US president said.
Well said. Of course, Liu says it even better - listen -
MUSIC CAN SPEAK WHERE WORDS ARE FORBIDDEN
comments powered by Disqus
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize
- Michael Cohen explains why he calls his book on 1968 “American Malestrom"
- Fredrik Logevall on Obama's Legacy