OBAMA STANDS BY NOBLE AND LIU
"Mr Liu Xiaobo is far more deserving of this award than I was." No argument there.
He said that Mr Liu"reminds us that human dignity also depends upon the advance of democracy, open society, and the rule of law."
"The values he espouses are universal, his struggle is peaceful, and he should be released as soon as possible," the US president said.
Well said. Of course, Liu says it even better - listen -
MUSIC CAN SPEAK WHERE WORDS ARE FORBIDDEN
comments powered by Disqus
- Obama May Create Monument to Gay Rights Movement
- China to release last prisoner jailed over Tiananmen Square protests
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95