SNL ON 200 MILLION A DAY OBAMA TRIP TO INDIA
Why is Tom Friedman writing a column denigrating those repeating an Indian report about the 200 million a day cost of the recent Obama trip to India? All Friedman uses to rebut the reports are vague official denials, not counter numbers.
Because the story made it to Saturday Night live skit (3 minutes into the dialogue), an important source of information for American youth. Moreover, when"President Obama" denies the figure - the"President Hu" says Glen Beck said so and Beck was right about gold and he should have listened to him!
Sometimes, when it rains it really pours and it pours on Obama at the moment. I even begin to feel sorry for him. Not that I do not believe that his unseemly extravagance does not deserve to be mocked. It does as does his unseemly attack on Israel in Muslim Indonesia. But than a president with even a minimum of a touch of class would not call his political opponents, enemies!
In any case, enjoy but be warned it is a bit bawdy.
comments powered by Disqus
William Robert Barker - 11/17/2010
You know, on a serious note - related to the issue of where many Americans, particularly younger Americans, get their news - I do wish that Glenn Beck would invite Jon Stewart on his show for a one on one hour-long back and forth.
As for Friedman...
(*ROLLING MY EYES*) (*STILL CHUCKLING*)
SNL does hit the nail on the head every so often.
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors