SNL ON 200 MILLION A DAY OBAMA TRIP TO INDIA
Why is Tom Friedman writing a column denigrating those repeating an Indian report about the 200 million a day cost of the recent Obama trip to India? All Friedman uses to rebut the reports are vague official denials, not counter numbers.
Because the story made it to Saturday Night live skit (3 minutes into the dialogue), an important source of information for American youth. Moreover, when"President Obama" denies the figure - the"President Hu" says Glen Beck said so and Beck was right about gold and he should have listened to him!
Sometimes, when it rains it really pours and it pours on Obama at the moment. I even begin to feel sorry for him. Not that I do not believe that his unseemly extravagance does not deserve to be mocked. It does as does his unseemly attack on Israel in Muslim Indonesia. But than a president with even a minimum of a touch of class would not call his political opponents, enemies!
In any case, enjoy but be warned it is a bit bawdy.
comments powered by Disqus
William Robert Barker - 11/17/2010
You know, on a serious note - related to the issue of where many Americans, particularly younger Americans, get their news - I do wish that Glenn Beck would invite Jon Stewart on his show for a one on one hour-long back and forth.
As for Friedman...
(*ROLLING MY EYES*) (*STILL CHUCKLING*)
SNL does hit the nail on the head every so often.
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?