WARM OR COLD PUTIN?
The incident had taken place at the Olympic opening ceremony in August 2008, when Bush complained to Putin about Russia's invasion of neighbouring Georgia.
Bush also stated that Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili is"hot-blooded", the Telegraph reported.
"I'm hot-blooded too," Putin retorted, according to Bush.
To which Bush said:"No, Vladimir, you're cold-blooded."
It seems Putin decided the time has come to project warmth. So, he had himself photographed hugging a puppy given to him by Bulgarian Premier Boyko Borisov to seal a gas deal.
Sorry, I still Bush got it right!
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools