WARM OR COLD PUTIN?
The incident had taken place at the Olympic opening ceremony in August 2008, when Bush complained to Putin about Russia's invasion of neighbouring Georgia.
Bush also stated that Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili is"hot-blooded", the Telegraph reported.
"I'm hot-blooded too," Putin retorted, according to Bush.
To which Bush said:"No, Vladimir, you're cold-blooded."
It seems Putin decided the time has come to project warmth. So, he had himself photographed hugging a puppy given to him by Bulgarian Premier Boyko Borisov to seal a gas deal.
Sorry, I still Bush got it right!
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian