WARM OR COLD PUTIN?
The incident had taken place at the Olympic opening ceremony in August 2008, when Bush complained to Putin about Russia's invasion of neighbouring Georgia.
Bush also stated that Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili is"hot-blooded", the Telegraph reported.
"I'm hot-blooded too," Putin retorted, according to Bush.
To which Bush said:"No, Vladimir, you're cold-blooded."
It seems Putin decided the time has come to project warmth. So, he had himself photographed hugging a puppy given to him by Bulgarian Premier Boyko Borisov to seal a gas deal.
Sorry, I still Bush got it right!
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize