Experiments on market aggregation of decentralized information.
The answer is, yes, many economists have done such experiments, in a variety of interesting and cogent forms. Vernon Smith won a Nobel Prize for his leadership of this experimentation program over the past several decades. The experiments, by and large, demonstrate what others have concluded on the basis of economic theory and historical observation: markets work. Indeed, the amazing thing is that in the experiments the markets often converge very quickly to the competitive equilibrium. Whudda thunk?
comments powered by Disqus
Jason Kuznicki - 7/13/2005
I look forward to reading his work as my self-education continues...
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita