TIMES IS WRONG ABOUT PEACE AND ISRAEL
Why Israel Doesn't Care About Peace is a provocative and misleading title. What the article actually proves is that Israelis do not believe that peace is within reach:
"Listen to me," says Eli Bengozi, born in Soviet Georgia and for 40 years an Israeli."Peace? Forget about it. They'll never have peace. Remember Clinton gave 99% to Arafat, and instead of them fighting for 1%, what? Intifadeh."
Under these circumstances, Israelis are busy building their upstart nation and ceasing the day by frolicking on their beautiful beaches. Seems reasonable to me even if Jews enjoying themselves ends up annoying Anti Semites.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian