U.S. House Challenges Supremes on Kelo: A Left/Right Coalition?
I am surprised by the tremendous interest which ordinary people have taken in this issue. Two of my undergraduates independently took the initiative of coming to my office to tell me how much they deplored Kelo!
comments powered by Disqus
Bill Woolsey - 7/1/2005
In my local paper this morning, Democrat minority leader Pelosi was quoted as complaining that cutting off funds to "enforce" a Supreme Court decision was equivalent to "nullifying" the decision.
Well, I guess that is consistent with the left-liberal approach to abortion rights. If it is legal, then the taxpayer is obligated to fund it.
Since having local government take private property and give to developers has an effect on interstate commerce (interstate trade in construction materials, for example) presumably Congress could just outlaw the practice.
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history