U.S. House Challenges Supremes on Kelo: A Left/Right Coalition?
I am surprised by the tremendous interest which ordinary people have taken in this issue. Two of my undergraduates independently took the initiative of coming to my office to tell me how much they deplored Kelo!
comments powered by Disqus
Bill Woolsey - 7/1/2005
In my local paper this morning, Democrat minority leader Pelosi was quoted as complaining that cutting off funds to "enforce" a Supreme Court decision was equivalent to "nullifying" the decision.
Well, I guess that is consistent with the left-liberal approach to abortion rights. If it is legal, then the taxpayer is obligated to fund it.
Since having local government take private property and give to developers has an effect on interstate commerce (interstate trade in construction materials, for example) presumably Congress could just outlaw the practice.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity