FINALLY, SOME PALESTINIANS LIVING IN LEBANON ARE PERMITTED TO WORK
Now, that the Syrian workers left, they may just be needed:
Lebanon has eased rules denying Palestinian refugees living in the country since the creation of Israel the right to work in most jobs, Labour Minister Trad Hamadeh said on Tuesday.Continue to read and weep though Palestinians insist that they remain HOPEFUL
A decree issued by Hamadeh on Monday allows Palestinians born in Lebanon to work in a range of private-sector jobs previously restricted to Lebanese citizens.
The decree does not entirely lift restrictions that have been in place for over two decades, which ban Palestinians from working in professions such as medicine, law or engineering.
Imagine what the world would have said if a Western country would have treated Palestinians thus.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools