FINALLY, SOME PALESTINIANS LIVING IN LEBANON ARE PERMITTED TO WORK
Now, that the Syrian workers left, they may just be needed:
Lebanon has eased rules denying Palestinian refugees living in the country since the creation of Israel the right to work in most jobs, Labour Minister Trad Hamadeh said on Tuesday.Continue to read and weep though Palestinians insist that they remain HOPEFUL
A decree issued by Hamadeh on Monday allows Palestinians born in Lebanon to work in a range of private-sector jobs previously restricted to Lebanese citizens.
The decree does not entirely lift restrictions that have been in place for over two decades, which ban Palestinians from working in professions such as medicine, law or engineering.
Imagine what the world would have said if a Western country would have treated Palestinians thus.
comments powered by Disqus
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize
- Michael Cohen explains why he calls his book on 1968 “American Malestrom"
- Fredrik Logevall on Obama's Legacy