DAILY STAR: ABBAS IS YESTERDAY'S MAN - IRAQ'S ELECTED LEADERS SHOULD LEARN WHAT NOT TO DO
Not long after his election as PA president I described Abbas as so much yesterday's man he could barely be heard behind the embalming fluid.
Perhaps that was harsh, but for all the international goodwill he has garnered, Abbas is pitiably weak at home. Despite his landslide election victory in January he has failed to establish control over the PA government. He has failed miserably to tackle corruption and, as he readily admitted to Sharon, he has no control over the gunmen and bombers.
Maybe the next leader will do better. The Palestinian deserve a leader who not only cares about them but also has guts.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"