DAILY STAR: ABBAS IS YESTERDAY'S MAN - IRAQ'S ELECTED LEADERS SHOULD LEARN WHAT NOT TO DO
Not long after his election as PA president I described Abbas as so much yesterday's man he could barely be heard behind the embalming fluid.
Perhaps that was harsh, but for all the international goodwill he has garnered, Abbas is pitiably weak at home. Despite his landslide election victory in January he has failed to establish control over the PA government. He has failed miserably to tackle corruption and, as he readily admitted to Sharon, he has no control over the gunmen and bombers.
Maybe the next leader will do better. The Palestinian deserve a leader who not only cares about them but also has guts.
comments powered by Disqus
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Baton Rouge area Catholic school responds to student's racist essay about Black History Month
- How the ‘guerrilla archivists’ saved history – and are doing it again under Trump
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit