DAILY STAR: ABBAS IS YESTERDAY'S MAN - IRAQ'S ELECTED LEADERS SHOULD LEARN WHAT NOT TO DO
Not long after his election as PA president I described Abbas as so much yesterday's man he could barely be heard behind the embalming fluid.
Perhaps that was harsh, but for all the international goodwill he has garnered, Abbas is pitiably weak at home. Despite his landslide election victory in January he has failed to establish control over the PA government. He has failed miserably to tackle corruption and, as he readily admitted to Sharon, he has no control over the gunmen and bombers.
Maybe the next leader will do better. The Palestinian deserve a leader who not only cares about them but also has guts.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools