DAILY STAR: ABBAS IS YESTERDAY'S MAN - IRAQ'S ELECTED LEADERS SHOULD LEARN WHAT NOT TO DO
Not long after his election as PA president I described Abbas as so much yesterday's man he could barely be heard behind the embalming fluid.
Perhaps that was harsh, but for all the international goodwill he has garnered, Abbas is pitiably weak at home. Despite his landslide election victory in January he has failed to establish control over the PA government. He has failed miserably to tackle corruption and, as he readily admitted to Sharon, he has no control over the gunmen and bombers.
Maybe the next leader will do better. The Palestinian deserve a leader who not only cares about them but also has guts.
comments powered by Disqus
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian