POLL: AMERICANS, IF NOT OBAMA, KNOW ISRAEL NOT THE PROBLEM
To listen to those sent to do Barack Obama's dirty work, solving the Israeli/Palestinian conflict would appease America's enemies and evicting Jews from lands held at one time by Jordan would bring peace to the Middle East. A poll conducted by Frank Luntz for The Israel Project shows that Americans disagree with both premises. 80% of Americans believe that if they lost the Israeli/Palestinian wedge issue, America's enemies would merely look for a new one as they did following the Vietnam War. Indeed, that war was replaced by the Israeli/Palestinian conflict as a the rallying point for America's leftist/Islamist enemies.
Thinking about the ongoing conflict between Israel and the Palestinians in the Middle East, please tell me whether, in general, you think the United States SHOULD be a strong supporter of Israel, a supporter of Israel, a supporter of the Palestinians or a strong supporter of the Palestinians.
39.4% A STRONG SUPPORTER OF ISRAEL
22.8% A SUPPORTER OF ISRAEL
03.4%A SUPPORTER OF OF THE PALESTINIANS
02.1%A STRONG SUPPORTER OF THE PALESTINIANS
14.0%DON'T SUPPORT EITHER SIDE (DO NOT READ)
06.7%SUPPORT BOTH SIDES EQUALLY (DO NOT READ)
11.6% DON'T KNOW/REFUSED (DO NOT READ)
Please tell me how much you agree with the following statement... Enemies of America use the Palestinian-Israeli conflict as an excuse to create anti-American sentiment. Even if the dispute is settled, they would find another excuse to justify their hostility towards America.
51.6% STRONGLY AGREE
28.9% SOMEWHAT AGREE
05.3% SOMEWHAT DISAGREE
04.1% STRONGLY DISAGREE
02.0% DON'T KNOW/REFUSED (DO NOT READ)
And, thinking again about the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians...which statement do you agree with MOST?
18.7% THE CONFLICT BETWEEN ISRAEL AND THE PALESTINIANS IS REALLY ABOUT LAND. ONCE AGREEMENTS ARE REACHED ON DIVIDING JERUSALEM AND ESTABLISHING BORDERS, THE TWO SIDES WILL LIVE SIDE-BY-SIDE IN PEACE.
72.8% THE CONFLICT BETWEEN ISRAEL AND THE PALESTINIANS IS ABOUT IDEOLOGY AND RELIGION. THE TWO SIDES WILL LIVE IN PEACE ONLY WHEN THEY ACKNOWLEDGE EACH OTHER'S RIGHT TO EXIST.
08.5% KNOW/REFUSED (DO NOT READ)
Now that Iran has enriched uranium, do you believe they will pursue their threat to"wipe Israel off the map?"
14.8% NOT SURE
05.0% DEFINITELY NOT
05.0% DON'T KNOW/REFUSED (DO NOT READ)
9. Now that Iran has enriched uranium, do you believe that it will be easier for terrorist groups all over the world to acquire nuclear weapons?
07.7% NOT SURE
02.0% DEFINITELY NOT
02.5% DON'T KNOW/REFUSED (DO NOT READ)
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades