THE WAR ON TERROR IS ABOUT CUTTING OFF AMBILICAL CORDS
- Before the World Trade Towers and the Pentagon were attacked, there were eight countries supporting terrorism. Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, and North Korea were involved in shipments of arms to terrorists. Saudi Arabia provided sanctuary, training, and funding for terrorist organizations.
- This list has now been reduced to five countries, and some of these are in transformation as well, including Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
- If we follow a strategy that takes the nation-states that continue to support terrorism out of play, the non-state terrorist organizations will fade. For example, Hizballah will fade if its umbilical cord with Iran can be cut.
- In November 2004, Fallujah was by far the most dangerous city in the world. Now it is the safest city in Iraq. We cannot permit sanctuaries to exist anywhere in the world that enable terrorist organizations to spread their terror. · There is only one war today and that is the global war on terror – there are no other wars. The rest are campaigns within the war on terror. The problem between Israel and the Palestinians will not be solved until we solve the greater regional problems.
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools