THE WAR ON TERROR IS ABOUT CUTTING OFF AMBILICAL CORDS
- Before the World Trade Towers and the Pentagon were attacked, there were eight countries supporting terrorism. Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, and North Korea were involved in shipments of arms to terrorists. Saudi Arabia provided sanctuary, training, and funding for terrorist organizations.
- This list has now been reduced to five countries, and some of these are in transformation as well, including Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
- If we follow a strategy that takes the nation-states that continue to support terrorism out of play, the non-state terrorist organizations will fade. For example, Hizballah will fade if its umbilical cord with Iran can be cut.
- In November 2004, Fallujah was by far the most dangerous city in the world. Now it is the safest city in Iraq. We cannot permit sanctuaries to exist anywhere in the world that enable terrorist organizations to spread their terror. · There is only one war today and that is the global war on terror – there are no other wars. The rest are campaigns within the war on terror. The problem between Israel and the Palestinians will not be solved until we solve the greater regional problems.
comments powered by Disqus
- Previously untouched 600BC palace discovered under shrine demolished by Isil in Mosul
- Slate reveals that despite our apology, nothing’s been done to help Guatemalans infected in an experiment worse than Tuskegee
- Russian government website notes that game maker has sent “Secret Hitler” to every US senator
- Scholars debate the future of NATO
- Trump, Putin, and the New Cold War
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport