Larry Summers, Falling on His Knees and Wearing Sackcloth
Larry Summers is desparately seeking forgiveness for his sinful ways and this time he may get it by paying massive cash indulgences.
Summers has pledged that Harvard University with spend fifty million dollars to set up a special "diversity fund" targeted to hire women and minorities. When the CNN reporter announced this story earlier this morning, any pretense of objectivity fell by the wayside. She was delighted by his cash penance and said so. Her colleague across the table chimed in to praise Brother Summers.
comments powered by Disqus
Sudha Shenoy - 5/17/2005
'Diversity' in skin colour & in other _physical_ attributes -- but a dead (& deadening) uniformity in ideologies.
- Climate of Change: The Catholic Church's Dance With Science
- Sacrificed Humans Discovered Among Prehistoric Tombs
- Nazis Triumph Over Communists in Ukraine
- Obits for Happy Rockefeller blamed her for his political decline. Don’t believe it.
- Historian investigates claim that Bugsy Siegel wanted to kill Goring
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize