Larry Summers, Falling on His Knees and Wearing Sackcloth
Larry Summers is desparately seeking forgiveness for his sinful ways and this time he may get it by paying massive cash indulgences.
Summers has pledged that Harvard University with spend fifty million dollars to set up a special "diversity fund" targeted to hire women and minorities. When the CNN reporter announced this story earlier this morning, any pretense of objectivity fell by the wayside. She was delighted by his cash penance and said so. Her colleague across the table chimed in to praise Brother Summers.
comments powered by Disqus
Sudha Shenoy - 5/17/2005
'Diversity' in skin colour & in other _physical_ attributes -- but a dead (& deadening) uniformity in ideologies.
- Historian author Antony Beevor says his new World War 2 book may anger Americans
- Ron Radosh and Allis Radosh plan to defend Warren Harding in a new book
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”