Larry Summers, Falling on His Knees and Wearing Sackcloth
Larry Summers is desparately seeking forgiveness for his sinful ways and this time he may get it by paying massive cash indulgences.
Summers has pledged that Harvard University with spend fifty million dollars to set up a special "diversity fund" targeted to hire women and minorities. When the CNN reporter announced this story earlier this morning, any pretense of objectivity fell by the wayside. She was delighted by his cash penance and said so. Her colleague across the table chimed in to praise Brother Summers.
comments powered by Disqus
Sudha Shenoy - 5/17/2005
'Diversity' in skin colour & in other _physical_ attributes -- but a dead (& deadening) uniformity in ideologies.
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"